There are literally thousands of blogs on the internet today, many giving you a peek into their personal lives and offering advice on various topics. Yet before we get ahead of ourselves in this lifestyle blog ideas, let’s keep things in perspective: there are still good ways to earn money as a blogger or online writer. By following these 11 tips, you’ll be able to charge for your work without having to submit articles and ads for free.
1) Write Sponsored Blog Posts – Here’s where bloggers can make the most money ever. Many businesses are now hiring bloggers to write on their behalf in exchange for monetary compensation. The more popular your blog is, the more likely you will get your choice of sponsored posts. If you get hired by a company you feel strongly against, or one that doesn’t seem like a good fit, feel free to turn down their offer. Remember, there are other companies out there who would love to have your voice help promote their products and services.
2) Write Articles From Your Own Website – A lot of companies like to hire bloggers that own their own sites because it’s a good source of exposure for them. Some business owners even hire multiple writers so they can quickly write numerous articles on various topics. This is highly recommended for business owners who want a greater balance of writing and promoting their business. If you already own a website and have useful content to share, ask your friends or acquaintances if they would mind sharing it on their social media pages. You can also visit social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to see if there are any blog posts belonging to your site that people may enjoy reading.
3) Add Social Media Links – Don’t be afraid of this, especially if you are starting out. Start adding links on your site so that people will have an easier time finding you online. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and LinkedIn are some of the most popular social media sites today. If you make it onto just one of these sites, a lot of people will notice you and start visiting your website.
4) Be Helpful – Write blog posts that are educational or helpful to others. For example, if you are writing about the latest in fashion trends or how to get the most out of different clothes, people will be more likely to come across your site and ask if they can use your advice on their own blog.
5) Build Up Your Readership – One of the most important things for a blogger to do is build up a readership. You need to interact with people inside and outside your circle of blog followers. No, it doesn’t mean befriending everyone you come across online, but it means that you need to share relevant content on your site every now and then.
6) Make Lists – Most bloggers have lists that they like to follow in order to keep up with all the things going on in the world. If you find a good list, make sure to join it so your readers can see all the best articles too.
7) Sell Products – This is pretty straightforward. If you write about products and how you use them, people will be more likely to buy what you are promoting. Just as with Facebook, it’s a good idea to rate products on your own website before you post a review on someone else’s site.
8) Newsletter – If people like the content that you share online, they will love subscribing to your newsletter. Start using Mailchimp or AWeber for both your free and paid subscribers. They both have pretty good email marketing systems that allow visitors to easily sign up for your newsletter and opt in for future emails.
9) Give Away Freebies – Many bloggers are able to give away free samples or bookmarks in order to draw people in. If you have something helpful or entertaining for your readers, make sure to include a ticket number somewhere on your site so people know where they can win something.
10) Tag Friends – If you provide a link on your site, mention other blogs that are similar to yours. This is also an easy way to get onto other popular blogs and start following them in return. When possible, make friends with the bloggers who write about similar things as well. In fact, this is a great way that many of them get traffic on their sites.
11) Get Promoted – Most bloggers have a blogroll on their site. A blogroll is just a list of websites that feature similar content. You can link to your blogroll when you post and ask readers to do the same. Many companies pay for a “sponsored link” where they feature your site’s blogroll on their own website in return for free advertising. This way you get paid for the exposure, while also getting added to other popular blogs and websites who are in need of traffic and subscribers.